The saying used to be that “those who can’t get published, self-publish.” With business leaders, like Seth Godin, and fiction titles, like The Shack, proving that self-publishing (aka indie-publishing) can be done well and profitably, that old saying no longer proves true. So what have you got to lose?
With print-on-demand, anyone can publish a book these days. The trick is doing it in a way that boosts your credibility. On this episode of The Wealthy Speaker Show, speaking coach and podcast host Jane Atkinson and I talk about indie-publishing and using your book as a tool to market yourself and earn more as a speaker.
- The advantages of indie-publishing. 3:05
- People do judge a book by its cover. 7:10
- The most important piece of the puzzle. 9:55
- Write about what you know and love. 15:50
- People judge you by your book, so make it great! 20:20
- Secrets & writing hacks. 26:10
- Murdering your darling. 33:40
- When to hire a ghost writer. 36:50
Listen in! And if you have a question about indie-publishing, leave a comment below.
Are you ready to write your book? Get started today with these 7 Simple, Proven Steps.