Lead Like a PIRATE
You'll learn where to find the treasure that's already in your classrooms and schools--and how to bring out the very best in your educators.
Are You a Treasure Seeker?
Pirates are on a constant quest for riches, but PIRATE leaders seek even greater rewards: amazing schools, engaged students, and empowered educators who know they are making a difference. In Lead Like a PIRATE, education leaders Shelley Burgess and Beth Houf map out the character traits necessary to captain a school or district. You’ll learn where to find the treasure that’s already in your classrooms and schools–and how to bring out the very best in your educators.
What does it take to be a PIRATE Leader?
- Passion–both professional and personal
- A willingness to Immerse yourself in your work
- Good Rapport with your staff, students and community
- The courage to Ask questions and Analyze what is and isn’t working
- The determination to seek positive Transformation
- And the kind of Enthusiasm that gets others excited about education
The ultimate goal for any education leader is to create schools and districts where students and staff are knocking down the doors to get in rather than out. This book will equip and encourage you to be relentless in your quest to make school amazing for your students, staff, parents, and communities.
Are you ready to set sail?