The Wild Card
The Kings facilitate a creative breakthrough in the classroom with The Wild Card, a step-by-step guide to drawing on your authentic self to deliver your content creatively and be the wild card who changes the game for your learners.
The Wild Card is your step-by-step guide to experiencing a creative breakthrough in your classroom with your students.
“This book is a teacher wonderland of ideas, inspiration, and mind-blowing magic.” –Ron Clark, New York Times bestselling author and cofounder, Ron Clark Academy.
In this book, Wade and Hope King show you how to draw on your authentic self–your past experiences, personality quirks, interests, hobbies, and strengths–to deliver your content creatively. If you are a high school teacher or a kindergarten teacher, the seven steps in The Wild Card will give you the knowledge and the confidence to bring creative teaching strategies into your classroom. You’ll learn…
- Why the deck is not stacked against you, no matter what kind of hand you’ve been dealt
- Why you should never listen to the Joker
- How to identify the “Ace up your sleeve” and use it to create classroom magic
- How to apply the “Rules of Rigor” in order to fuse creativity with learning
- How to become the Wild Card that changes the game for your students